Controls Labs for the Quanser QUBE Servomotor and Pendulum
- Students learn fundamental controls topics, including modeling, second order systems, PID control, stability analysis, moment of inertia, balance control, LQR optimization, and swing-up control
- Students complete activities to model, control, and optimize control systems, including inertial disc position and pendulum swing-up control
- Students complete advanced activities to apply control theory to real-world systems, including cruise control and steering control
|Prerequisite Skills||Basic Physics, Basic LabVIEW familiarity|
INCLUDED COURSE MODULES
An integrated development environment designed specifically for engineers and scientists.
Provides reconfigurable I/O that allows you to teach and implement multiple design concepts with one device.
The Quanser QUBE-Servo with NI myRIO Connections is a high-fidelity DC servo motor bundle for teaching control theory at an undergraduate level with the real-time control capabilities of NI myRIO. NI myRIO paired with the Quanser QUBE-Servo provides a turnkey, lab-ready solution for students to...
Required SoftwareDownload Academic Software, Learn About Software Licensing
- myRIO Software Bundle (2015 or later)
- LabVIEW (Requires license)
- LabVIEW Real-Time Module (Requires license)
- LabVIEW myRIO Toolkit
- LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation Module(Requires license)
- LabVIEW Mathscript RT Module (Requires license)
Required HardwarePurchase Engineering Education Products
- NI myRIO ‒ View Specifications
- Quanser QUBE-Servo ‒ User manual included in the download