After completing this lab, students will be able to:
- Discuss the operation and application of a diode.
- Determine the behavior of a diode using the current-voltage curves through simulation, then validate the behavior through instrumentation.
- Observe the behavior of a simple application circuit, such as a half-wave rectifier or a clipping circuit, and discuss the role of diodes in that circuit.
- Basic proficiency using Multisim Live
- Basic proficiency using ELVIS III Instruments
- Basic knowledge of breadboarding
- Basic knowledge of components and their behaviors
Required SoftwareDownload Academic Software, Learn About Software Licensing
- Measurements Live - Install Instructions, Access
- Multisim Live - Access
- Note: Some labs require premium access, which is available through a Multisim Desktop active license.
Required HardwarePurchase Engineering Education Products
- NI ELVIS III - View User Manual and Specifications
- NI ELVIS III Default Prototyping Board
- TI Electronics Kit