- Students will learn control theory in the context of a 2-DOF helicopter.
- Students will gain proficiency deriving equations of motion and transfer functions.
- Students will gain first-hand experience simulating and experimenting with control theory applications.
- Students will integrate LabVIEW, myRIO, and the Quanser Aero to design and implement a PD control, state-feedback control using LQR optimization, and a Kalman-based LQR observer and controller.
|Prerequisite Skills||Understanding of Controls, LabVIEW Experience|
INCLUDED COURSE MODULES
Provides reconfigurable I/O that allows you to teach and implement multiple design concepts with one device.
An integrated development environment designed specifically for engineers and scientists.
The Quanser AERO is a fully integrated lab experiment consisting of two propellers, powered by DC motors, designed for teaching mechatronics and controls concepts at the undergraduate level, as well as for advanced aerospace research applications.
Required SoftwareDownload Academic Software, Learn About Software Licensing
- myRIO Software Bundle (2013 or later)
- LabVIEW (Requires license)
- LabVIEW Real-Time Module (Requires license)
- LabVIEW myRIO Toolkit
- LabVIEW Quanser Rapid Control Prototyping (QRCP) Toolkit
- LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation Module
- LabVIEW MathScript RT Module (only used in certain VIs)