After completing this project, students will be able to:
- Use the knowledge of sensors, measurements and signal conditioning to test and measure the physical performance of an electric device.
- Use various software analysis techniques and tests to quantify the normal behavior of an electric device.
- Build a sophisticated measurement software that monitors the behavior of a device and automatically detects any anomalous performance, interprets it and takes corresponding action.
- Introductory Physics
- Basic LabVIEW Proficiency
- Basic Breadboarding Skills
NI ELVIS III
NI ELVIS III
Engineering laboratory solution for project-based learning that combines instrumentation and embedded design with a web-driven experience, delivering a greater understanding of engineering fundamentals and system design.
LabVIEW is systems engineering software for applications that require test, measurement, and control with rapid access to hardware and data insights.
Required SoftwareDownload Academic Software, Learn About Software Licensing
- Measurements Live - Install Instructions, Access
- NI ELVIS III Software Bundle (2018 or later)
- LabVIEW (Requires license)
- LabVIEW Real-Time Module (Requires license)
- NI ELVIS III Toolkit
- Multisim Live - Access
Required HardwarePurchase Engineering Education Products
- NI ELVIS III - View User Manual and Specifications
- NI ELVIS III Default Prototyping Board
- NI ELVIS III Cables and Accessories Kit
- Measurements Part Kit