Buck Regulator in Closed Loop Operation
After completing this lab, students will be able to:
- <span style="tab-stops:.5in">Given a buck regulator and the characteristics of its L-C filter and error amplifier, you will calculate the DC operating point and the AC response to load perturbations, with specified units and accuracy, by applying the appropriate theoretical formulae.</span>
- <span style="tab-stops:.5in">Given a buck regulator and the characteristics of its L-C filter and error amplifier, you will simulate its DC operation under different source voltage values, to determine the accuracy of theoretical model predictions, with specified units and accuracy, by comparing the appropriate sets of data and results</span>
- Given a real buck regulator, a power supply and a dynamic load, you will measure the accuracy of the DC output voltage with respect to the desired nominal value, and the amplitude of output voltage AC perturbations caused by AC load current perturbations, with specified units and accuracy.
- Basic proficiency using Multisim Live
- Basic proficiency using ELVIS III Instruments
- Basic proficiency in circuits and analog electronics
NI ELVIS III
NI ELVIS III
Engineering laboratory solution for project-based learning that combines instrumentation and embedded design with a web-driven experience, delivering a greater understanding of engineering fundamentals and system design.
Required SoftwareDownload Academic Software, Learn About Software Licensing
- NI ELVIS III Soft Front Panel Support - Install Instructions
- Measurements Live - Access
- Multisim Live (Some circuits require premium access) - Access; Learn about Premium
- TI Power Electronics Board Configuration Utility Download